CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 25, 2012

Red, White and Blue

With the 4th of July around the corner I'm gathering ideas for fun red, white and blue treats.  Of course Pinterest is my go to, and as usual, it hasn't disappointed.  I have found some really great treat ideas that range from easy to a little more difficult.

TomKat Studio's is always a great place to start for ideas and today she pinned these darling pinwheel cupcakes!  I just love them.  These have fondant pinwheels but you could also do paper ones if you don't want to do fondant.

 
Following the cupcake theme, I found this pin from Real Mom Kitchen.  I really like that these have fresh fruit on the top, with all this great summer fruit out there why not incorporate it into our desserts?

Bird on A Cake had this cute idea for mini star cakes for a patriotic treat.  This would be another fresh and light treat.  You could even do angel food cake to make it low fat, if you are into that kind of thing.


For my daughter's birthday this April I made chocolate covered popcorn for the first time.  It's an inexpensive way to fill up containers (which was the main reason I had made it) but I hadn't expected it to be so good!  It is the perfect combination of salty/sweet.  Bloom Designs posted this patriot popcorn bucket which would be perfect for the kids to munch on during fireworks! 


Hope these give you some good ideas for the 4th of July!  I'm going to start trying out some fun ideas so stay tuned for some of my creations!

-TST

1 comments:

Sarah B.

I think I could eat that entire thing of popcorn!!!

Post a Comment